Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Stompin '76

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach

Long long ago, my husband (who was then my boyfriend) and myself, and his brother and bro's girl went to a music festival in the mountains of Virginia. We had fogotten to bring the tent poles, so I went to the woods nearby to get branches, to which we tied the tent. Having no camera with me, I just had to draw a pic of the place. That's me in the little tent. Everyone was camped in this big cow pasture, and there was a great festival atmosphere going on.
I came across this drawing just the other day, looking through my artwork.

23 July edit: The promoter of Stompin 76, Hal Abramson,
has found my drawing, and is using it on his 30th anniversary website. A wild coincidence, I had no idea it was the 30th anniversary, wasn't thinking about dates when I put this up on my blog. Just thought it represented a summery event. So I think that's cool! His website: www.stompin76.com



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great animated depiction of the biggest camp-party in SW VA history.
Searching for others remembering the now legendary event August 6, 7, 8 1976 8 mi. N or Galax.

July 19, 2006 1:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home