Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Safe

" Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is." ~German Proverb

When there are monsters all around in the middle of the night, hiding under your blanket is by far the safest place!
See what others have created for the word "Safe" on Illustration Friday.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is so funny...at 31 part of my brain still believes in monsters under the bed!

Ouissi x

September 01, 2006 7:39 pm  
Blogger Ginger*:) said...

Safe under the blanket eh?..... Just wait until it thunders and they all join you under there ! Good job!

September 01, 2006 9:41 pm  
Blogger Todd Franklin said...

Well done! I remember those days!

September 01, 2006 10:35 pm  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Amen! Nice job, and a great message.

September 02, 2006 12:49 am  
Blogger Liz Jones said...

Aww. If only we could carry those blankets around with us always.

September 02, 2006 1:57 am  
Blogger Michelle Lana said...

hehehe...cute!

September 02, 2006 4:39 pm  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Gorgeous artwork--you caught almost all of them but you forgot the one that lived in the closet!

September 03, 2006 4:07 am  
Blogger pati said...

Nooo, the safest place was under my mom's blanket.

Beautiful illo :)

September 03, 2006 3:44 pm  
Blogger trowbridge chronicles said...

You're so good at drawing monsters. It looks like a page from a childrens book.

September 04, 2006 6:19 am  
Blogger FoodChiCa said...

He is seeing all kind of monsters, hehe! Everyone went through the safe-blanket time! ;)

September 06, 2006 11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home