Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

tools of my trade

This week's topic for Studio Friday September 8th suggested by Carrie: TOOLS OF THE TRADE.

" There's such a diverse group here, with such different art forms, I think it would be interesting to see what tools others use on a regular basis to create their art or product. " ~ Carrie

I'm a classical animator. The classics seem to be dying down for a while, being pushed aside by computer animation. But I think it's a fad, and the classics will always be there, going through its ups and downs, to be revived again and again.
That said, I am now working on a classically animated feature again! *happy*
1. I use a 4B pencil from Faber Castell,
2. a dark blue pencil, also Faber Castell (this is used for initial sketching in)
3. a Staedtler eraser
4. a lovely squishy kneaded eraser (from Germany, no idea what make)
5. a cotton glove. I got used to using gloves when I started out doing clean-up, and still wear them.
6. my animation disc, which I bought from the Don Bluth Studio when they left Ireland.
7. a giant stack of punched paper!

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

******************************
Native Canadian said...

Wow, this is so cool. I am an animator from Canada, and I just gave away my disc and light table, as we are only using the computer to animate now. I may regret giving them away, but it's nice to see that someone still uses them!!!
Thanks for sharing! :)

9:18 PM
******************************
artsymommachic said...

A friend of mine is making me a light box, and I can't wait!

I knew this day would finally come, my two favorite things combined...illustration friday (how I found ya) and the Sims!! I LOVE your clothes and your recent mens casual jeans are my faves!!

11:59 AM
******************************

June 02, 2007 3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home