Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nessie plush toy

Progression of a cute stuffed Loch Ness monster toy, a commission for a pattern. Sketch for a stuffed nessie.

Newspaper pattern mock-up.
(Photographed with a horrible old webcam, my digital is away, to take pics of my daughter's birthday party)
......................................
(Pattern sent to client, here's a tutorial for her)
Instructions: click on each picture for close-up.



See real fabric body and belly below as well.

Body with spine-bumps and eyes sewn on.

Belly with legs sewn on.

.................................later..........................


Got my camera back! Just in time to take this last pic of Nessie all done!
Only thing I think is wrong, her eyes are a bit too large. Well, I'll fix that another day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Medina said...

Very cool! I might have to try my hand at making one. I was infatuated with the Loch Ness Monster as a kid. I wrote up a whole report for school about it and everything. Nice write up!

November 07, 2007 7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home