Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Hand Puppets

When I was a child, I made my own hand puppets and marionettes, and gave shows several times a year for the neighborhood kids. That later became a fascination for animation, which led me to my career. Anything that can be given a personality by myself is always fun. I still collect and make puppets, and here are a few unusual ones: A bird nest full of baby birds, a little box containing tiny mice, a sock puppet given to me by my son, a Hansel and Gretel glove-puppet, and a little willy finger puppet. I know, I'm still a kid in my 50's!

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

******************************
Cat said...

Your puppet collection is great. The glove puppet is too cool!

Have a good day!
Smiles, Cat

11:57 AM
*********************************

June 02, 2007 4:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home