Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Angels do wear red!

When I was a child, in school, we were occasionally given copies of drawings to color in. Close to Christmas we were all handed drawings of angels and told to color them in. I sat happily coloring with my crayons, and made her dress red. Everyone handed their angels back to teacher. She hung them all up on the wall in a row. Except mine.
She looked at me crossly and said mine was not being hung up, because "Angels don't wear red!"Hmm, I wonder if Botticelli's teacher ever told him about angels not wearing red?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade L Blackwater said...

If I had a penny for every time I was criticized by an art teacher for my choice in color and subject matter.... :) No matter Salix - I just ADORE your red-clad angel!

November 28, 2007 1:57 pm  
Blogger The Ginger Darlings said...

Your art teacher had obviously only seen a few angels. Amazing that she was so certain though. Have a look at http://www.jackiemorris.co.uk/newwork.htm At the bottom of the page there is an angel with a hare. You may like her dress!
Love the afghan hound and more besides.
Ps Sometimes the cats et me steal their blog to comment.
Love
Jackie and the ginger cats

April 02, 2008 9:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home