Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

a handful of dolls

I saw some of these dolls on Mimi's blog here, she wrote about her memories as a child, and mentioned the 100 dolls. I too saw an ad when I was a girl, it advertised 100 dolls for a very small price. It seemed too good to be true. So my father sent off for them. They arrived in a very small package. And they were only tiny little pink plastic figurines. I was quite dissapointed at first, but I did play with them a lot! Today, more than 40 years later, I still have a small handful, sewn onto a hat I made for a Halloween long ago. I wonder how many other little girls grown older still have these tiny dolls?

1 Comments:

Blogger darkwolfealpha said...

yes afghans are beautiful creatures i was blessed to have one in my life for ten years saddly she died of cancer back in 89 her name was mariah

July 23, 2010 10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home