Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

5 random things about me

I was tagged by Kelly to do this meme. So here it goes...
5 random things about me:

1. I have an uncontrolable urge to grow plants. Even when I've been sent to hotels or such for a week, or go camping for a couple days, some type of plant/plants ends up on the windowsil/next to tent within a day or two, a cutting in a glass, a pot of african violets, something!

2.Along with plants, I also obtain weird seed pods and rocks and sticks and other random nature things.
One time, near Cork, I had collected several pretty yellow sea snail shells, they ended up on the windowsil. The next morning, a few of them had crawled away all over the walls. So we had to bring them back to the place we found them!
Another time, in Claire, we found an old sheep's skull (or was it a goat?) and a possible meteorite.

3. I like toys: Yoyos, tops, Plushies, puppets, music boxes, female action figures (I have a Diana Troy and a Rippley), wind-up toys, plastic figures, dolls, Barbies, anything that animates or moves is super cool.

4. I played an online role playing game for many years. My favorite characters were: a dryad named Salix, an orc named Zaal'Ug, and a pixie named Viola. I never played a human.
Zalli was married to Zur'Goth, he was the clan's warboss.


5. I once lived in NYC's lower east side without electricity or a stove for a year. The only thing I missed was hot herb tea. Evenings were lit by candles, and I had a little tape player powered with a big battery. I ate a lot of yogurt and fruit during that year for some reason.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Medina said...

I'm so glad you did it. I think it is cool to learn random things about people.

I think it is very cool that you have such a knack with plants. Chris has told me that you would pick little sprigs from here and there and put in your pocket to start a plant at home.

I love that your character was married to the clan's warboss!

When did you live in NYC? A whole year of that is a long time!

Thanks for sharing :)

November 28, 2007 8:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck ur good
i have a friend named nick whos id say as good as u r
he doesnt have any art on his site but he says hell post sum on if u wanna look.
ive provided the link to his site.

April 17, 2008 11:29 pm  
Blogger Arija said...

Sally I love your Salle story and yr. blog per ce. 'The Crocus Rose' in good soil will exceed 6'x 6' and still growing, is totally desease resistant and continuously flowering and I won 1st prize with it at our local ag. show. If I may suggest, if you don't have 'Heritage' and 'Ábraham Darby' you haven't lived. Heritage is shell pink with translucent porcelain petals and almost thornless. One can never have enough roses!

August 05, 2008 9:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home