Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Quiet

" Use the talents you possess - for the woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except for the best." ~Henry Van Dyke

Illustrated for the word "quiet" for Illustration Friday.
The fog was so thick, it took the singing of the birds for itself, leaving the world a quiet place.

14 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Lana said...

great work - very cool!

September 30, 2006 1:33 pm  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Very nice and just a little spooky. :-) Thanks for visiting my blog!

September 30, 2006 6:27 pm  
Blogger Heartful said...

Nice one, great quote too.

September 30, 2006 10:00 pm  
Blogger AndyDoodler said...

Beautiful and peaceful.
You are very prolific here in your many blogs- love your work.

October 01, 2006 3:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, I can definitely feel the quiet here. :)

I feel like wearing a sweater. :)
great work!

-chrismarie

October 01, 2006 7:49 pm  
Blogger Karlishhh said...

thats so quiet, i like the colors you use , nice

October 02, 2006 12:17 am  
Blogger Majeak Ann said...

quiet -n- lovely design. :)
-Marjorie Ann

October 02, 2006 2:02 am  
Blogger Diane Duda said...

very pretty!

October 02, 2006 3:39 am  
Blogger atelie said...

Very nice, quiet and beautiful!
It makes me think about your country.

October 02, 2006 3:27 pm  
Blogger Issi said...

beautiful illo, I love your art :o)

October 02, 2006 9:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the pallet...the hint of lavender in the wash. very soothing and quiet.

a beautiful illo.

October 02, 2006 10:54 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Very pretty and delicate

October 04, 2006 9:21 pm  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very interesting! Soft, yet lots of detail.

October 05, 2006 7:20 pm  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

what a wonderful viewpoint as if from a window looking into a forest! Love it!

October 06, 2006 6:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home