Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Velvet, the Night Fae

O wild and wondrous midnight,
There is a might in thee
To make the charmed body
Almost like spirit be,
And give it some faint glimpses
Of immortality.
~James Russell Lowell, Midnight

4 Comments:

Blogger Naturegirl said...

Love the poem and the image!

October 12, 2006 3:58 am  
Blogger Cat said...

You have a lovely blog, you are very talented! This night faery is fit for the season with her spider web like wings - beautiful!

I'm glad you happened upon my blog and stoped to leave a comment, thank you. I will be sure to check back.

Have a terrific day, Cat

October 12, 2006 12:59 pm  
Blogger Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I saw you comment on Daisy Lupins blog and as I love to go exploring new names that I see...well that's just what I did. I am SO glad I did as your artwork is beyond amazing. Since I adore fairies and have surrounded myself with them since childhood your art appeals to me even more. I will keep exploring here as I am enchanted already.
I've always wanted to visit Ireland!
Lisa

October 22, 2006 5:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely fairy!

October 26, 2006 1:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home