Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Way out in space together...

"I wish I was a spacegal,
the fastest girl alive
I'd fly you ‘round the universe.
In Fireball XL5.
Way out in space together.
Conquerors of the sky.
My heart would be a fireball.
...A fireball...
Every time I gaze into your starry eyes.
We’d take a path to Jupiter and maybe very soon.
We’d cruise along the Milky Way and land upon the Moon.
To a wonderland of stardust.
We’ll zoom our way to mars.
My heart would be a fireball.
...A fireball...
And you would be my Martian of the stars.”

(slightly altered song lyrics to an old TV show "FireballXL5" from my childhood days. Here's thier webpage. This song is the closing credits.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

*********************
Kate said...

I love the pic! The poem is wonderful ...

Kate ox

6:30 PM
*************************

June 02, 2007 3:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home