Salix Tree Art

Artwork by me, Silvia.. Ponderings and poetry by myself and other more talented writers.

My Photo
Name:
Location: ...in the country, Ireland

My name is Silvia (also known as SalixTree ), I live in the Irish countryside. I write and illustrate children's books. I like to garden, cross stitch, crochet, and read fantasy books.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Florizel, Calpurnia, and Zut

This week's topic for Studio Friday October 20th suggested by Kerri:
AUTUMN INSPIRATION!

"Autumn inspiration - According to my calendar, today (Sept 22) is the "Autumnal Equinox," and it's my favorite season, so show me what you love about the fall - the colors?... the leaves?...etc."
~ Kerri


What I like about this season, is the coming of Samhain, the beginning of the dark half of the year. A magical, frightening, wonderful time of the year.. Spirits and witches and undead roam the lands.. autumn fruits such as apples, pumpkins and nuts are plentyful, the pumpkins and turnips carved into grotesque or fantastic faces. Bonfires are set on All Hallows Eve, and people dance and cavort around the fire all evening.
In my art room, I have a giant plant in which hang these three witches. They remind me of this fun and exciting time of the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

*****************************
Anke said...

Sounds like it's your season, enjoy, I'm more the light srping/summer type!

6:40 PM
*****************************
Salix Tree said...

Oh, but I love the springtime as well! New growth! Definately.
Just there is something to like about any season.

8:34 PM
*****************************
Kate I said...

hi silvia, thanks for the comment on my blog. you are such a prolific artist and by the look of it, a busy person too! I love your white horse picture...very magical, and the flower photo's on your other blog are lovely. I'm also a Loreena McKennett fan and you're the only other person I know who has the music "dead can dance"!

11:44 PM
*****************************
Going For Greatness said...

Samhain is my favourite holiday. I come from a long line of Pagan ancestry. I am a 2nd generation American with grandparents from County Donegal Ireland and Achnasheen Scotland. I miss the magick of the isles and long to return.......
We have a lovely huge bonfire here at which we gather to celebrate Samhain. Autumn is a truly magickal time of year and it recharges all my energy!!
~ Gealbhain an Ruadh

12:49 AM
*****************************

June 02, 2007 3:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home